Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Shower time!!

  Rachel and Kirsten threw me the most wonderful shower at Home Ec in Iowa City in early January.  Everyone was asked to bring a favorite children's book.  It was so much fun to read each book that was given to us and I am so excited to read them all to our sweet baby! 
    The greatest surprise though was decorating onsies!  Check out all the talented friends that attended my shower and their beautiful work. My baby will be the best dressed baby in Waterloo! What a wonderful way to celebrate!
 My mom made this great bag!

 Rachel and Kirsten (the greatest hostesses and greatest friends!)
 One of the sweet baby books- it looks like Roosevelt and Mabel!
 Here we are decorating onsies!
 My mom and my sister are freshening up on their sewing skills!
 Aren't these just amazing!!!

   ____________________________________________________________________
    Back in Cedar Falls,  we were given a couples shower by our dear friends Steve and Elizabeth.  It was a perfect day- we had 6 couples attend the shower at Steve and Elizabeth's new house.  It was an afternoon filled with fabulous food, hilarious games like guess how many nipples Elizabeth is holding up, and my all time favorite shower game-  pick the parents of the famous people on the card.  The mayor of Cedar Falls was my favorite ( inside joke in CF).
      We received lots of great sock monkey outfits, blankets, and bibs... I feel a photo opportunity coming on for this little one in all the great outfits!
How wonderful it is to feel so warm in the cold month of January!
 Here are a few pictures from the couples shower!
 Elizabeth has 13 nipples- who knew?
 Andrew ( my colleague at UNI) and his wife Leah
 Jeremy sporting some of the new baby gifts!
  Thank you everyone!!! We feel so lucky to have such great friends!
Only two and a half months to go!!!!

No comments: