Sunday, May 25, 2008

Change is Good... right?

Everything is changing and my head is spinning! I accepted a new job for next year at UNI teaching art education classes and I am in the process of enrolling in the PHD program at the University of Iowa. I will be VERY busy next year teaching classes at both universities and taking classes as well. I am so excited to begin this new challenge but I am scared as well. It will be so different than teaching elementary children.
I am very sad to be leaving my staff and students in a few weeks. I have been at my elementary school for 5 years. Below is a picture of our 4th annual end of the year art show. I had over 150 people come. It was so wonderful.


Here my new car! I needed to get it since I will be driving to UNI ( an hour drive) twice a week next year! Thanks to Kirsten's great husband who runs the dealership- we got a great new Mazda wagon.
We drove our new Mazda to Des Moines yesterday to meet Gizmo's new family. We will miss her so much. She was the smallest of the kitties and so sweet and gentle. Good Luck!
While in Des Moines, we bought a new couch at Homemakers furniture,
(our old hand-me-down couch finally bit it!)
Maybe it was 5 cats and two dogs wrestling on it for the last 2 months????
It won't be delivered for a few weeks so ... we must temporally fix our old one! Wish us luck!

All in all, change is good, right.....??
I'll miss my Volvo wagon and it's cute little quirks, I'll miss all the kitties we are saying good bye to, and I'll really miss my job most! BUT- no looking back, great new experiences ahead!!!!!
Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congrats! I'm so happy for you to be starting this new adventure!

p.s. The couch looks great!

Laurie Cinotto said...

congratulations all the new !!

hooray !